As a follow up to the webinar Bring Your Business to the Cloud: The Benefits of Hosting we are posting this blog to recap key features and the Q&A session.
The benefits of hosting:
- Hosting applications leverage your skills by improving your reach, efficiency and focus, and competitiveness. With cloud hosting, small and midsize businesses to leverage their existing skills with desktop accounting software combined with the enterprise-class features of the hosted environment.
- Application hosting can be done via traditional computing, software as a service, or in the cloud. Opting to host your software in the cloud enables automatic updates and more efficiency within your company. Your software can be accessed from any device, anywhere.
- Anytime, anywhere mobile access is expected in aspects of life. With the power of the cloud, you can access your software and files off of any device from any location.
- With a hosting provider, your data is especially secure. For example, Right Networks uses tier IV grade data centers.
- Nationally protected
- Internet backbone provider
- Biometric scanner, security guards, camera systems, and key shuffling systems
- 90-day backup policy
- Success in the cloud:
- Put control of your client relationships back in your hands
- Focus on your business, not IT issues and software updates
- Gives you the opportunity to add more clients or become a financial advisor instead of “just” an accountant, bookkeeper, etc.
Q & A:
What versions of QuickBooks do you currently support?
- We stay in line with Intuit, so currently we support 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise. In May, we sunset the old version as the newer version is ready to launch in October.
Can you have multiple versions of QuickBooks on one account?
- Absolutely! From an accounting perspective, most accountants will have multiple years and versions of software, the same goes for small businesses.
What other types of applications do you host?
- We have a full application directory on rightnetworks.com. If you select apps it gives you the break down outside of QuickBooks and accounting into the full-functioning virtual network (CRM, inventory management, document management, etc.).